Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Watchem_TheComedian_08





The Watchmen is one of the best celebrated graphic novels of all time. Along with that it is being turned into a movie. One of my favorite characters is the first killed off in the entire comic, The Comedian. I came up with an idea to re-draw the character for a more 08 version. In the top picture you have the way the character was presented in the 1982 version along with his 09 movie counter part. After that is my concept for the present day version along with better pic I drew of him simply named "Pin", I bet you can get it. Also tattoos are obviously in replace of the gaudy super hero shoulder pads for a more sleek merc look. As well as the most loved tattoo I have seen, FOR THE PAST YEAR, "Laugh Now Cry Late". I think the words express The Comedian better than any character before. Oh and last but not least my little effort at some mixed writing tattooing. His forearm tattoo is in fact the words Life and Joke put into one word.

No comments: